VN Partisan: A Swiss Army Knife for the French Navy. This Mer et Marine article reviews the broad spectrum of missions covered by the VN Partisan, the first ship of its kind in Europe.
SeaOwl's capabilities encompass the design and delivery of bespoke training services across a wide sphere of navy operations
SeaOwl Defense supplies navies through service contracts, accredited personnel and customised vessels to perform training exercises with the various units of their fleet (surface ships, submarines, naval aviation, commandos).
These services are delivered by drawing from an expert pool of staff offering extensive experience and familiarity with NATO procedures and all ops orders documentations.
The Operational Sea Training exercises include:
Team sea management
- Maneuvering and team sea management for sea-cadets
- Maneuvering training for towing ships and commercial vessels
Target and drone management
- Towing of surface, subsea sensors or targets for missile and artillery
- Drone (UAV, UUV)and aerial target launcher facilities
- Target, torpedoes recovery
- Mine hunter training
- Assault (sea side, helicopter rope)
- Visit on board for drug / weapon research
- Close quarter battle inside the "Close Combat Module"
- Simulate asymmetric attacks
Helicopter's pilot's landing training
The VN Partisan & its crew have been approved to qualify the following helicopters to land on board: NH90, PUMA, LYNX, PANTHER, ALOUETTE, GAZELLE, and FENNEC.
Military equipment qualification
- Clients include the French Navy, DGA and DCNS.
- Partners include the Safran Group, Thales, ECA, BV.
SeaOwl Defense supplies qualified crews and technical management services to operate training vessels during military training exercises. In addition, the company recruits and supplies accredited staff engaged in exercises as 'militiamen','drug traffickers', 'pirates','migrants', on land and at sea.